Monday, August 9, 2010

Nerja (Ner-Haaa!) and Paellas!

After the long trek into town, Nerja ended up being a pretty great little town. (Thanks Knowles for the reccomendation!) Great little beaches, fun downtown, busy night life, and the most amazing Paellas. John and I had Paellas for lunch four times in three days. Paellas are a Spanish dish normally consiting of rice fried in olive oil, filled with seafood other meats. There are a few different varieties of this dish, but in Nerja, we found a place called Ayo´s. When I say found, I actually mean followed the strong reccomendation of Rick Steeve´s Guide to Spain. Ayo´s is a cool little outdoor restaurant right on the beach. There are about a hundred tables that surround an outdoor fire pit where the cherfs fire up an open fire pit and roast mass quantities of rice, spices, chicken and vegetables in a huge, probably six foot in diameter frying pan. At the same time nearby, they are grilling up fresh giant prawns, little clams, and some kind of mediterranean baby lobsters. They present them all together on a huge serving dish, and for six Euros, you can fill your plate as many times as you want. John filled his plate about many, many, many times while we were in Nerja. :) John and I have been craving Ayo´s Paellas ever since, and have only half-jokingly been considering taking the six hour train ride there for one more go at the all-you-can-eat seafood and rice on the beach before we leave Spain.

While we weren´t at Ayo´s gorging ourselves, we spent our time lounging at the beach, walking around town and spending quality brother time together. John spent a ton of time partying with the ladies around town as well. He hung with an all-girls British folk band, Salsa danced with a pair of Italian hotties, and brought back a couple girls to our apartment roof that he did not know the names of. He went on to fall asleep in his lawn chair while they were still up on the roof. I saw the three of them go up, and only the two girls come back down at about 6 in the morning. I´m not sure what they were doing up there, but I was worried that they had killed Johnny boy and left him up there. Ha ha. I guess Nerja and I had worn him out.

The Day Spain Tried to kill Johnny
(I may have assisted)

After a long day of playing beach volleyball and walking around town in the sun, and partying all night, I was not surprised that Johnny passed out mid-talk. I woke him up an hour later, because we had signed up for a day trip to Gibralter (the UK owned pininsula at the very bottom of spain. It is famous for a giant rock, and the monkeys that live on top. I´ll have to tell you all the awful day that followed, but for the sake of the blog, I will only mention that we hiked, played with monkeys, and rode on a bus for 8 hours. It was not a great day, and John was awake for basically 48 straight hours. He took a short nap that night, and proceeded to head back out for a night on the town. He wasn´t responding to me for the next couple days. After we booked it back up north, he slept for a day and a half straight. :)
























A couple of nice asses, don´t you think?

2 comments:

  1. More speedo pics please...preferably from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck Pratt, I lived with you a whole season and I never got that view!!

    ReplyDelete